A delicious sabzi with cauliflower, potatoes and brown chickpeas to make instantly on weeknight dinner. Serve with garamgarm chapattis and enjoy!
ALOO GOBHI CHANA
2 medium potatoes (aloo), cut into 1 inch pieces
250 grams cauliflower (gobhi), separated into medium sized florets
1 cup boiled brown chickpeas (kala chana)
2 tbsps mustard oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 bay leaves
2 medium onions, chopped
2-3 green chillies, coarsely crushed
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
Salt to taste
1 tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
2-3 tbsps chopped fresh coriander leaves
Puris for serving
1. Heat mustard oil in a kadai. Add cauliflower florets and sauté on high heat for 3-4 minutes. Drain in a bowl and set aside.
2. Add potatoes to the same oil and sauté on high heat till they turn golden brown stirring continuously. Drain in bowl and set aside.
3. Add cumin seeds to the same oil and once they start to change the colour, add bay leaves and onions and sauté till golden brown.
4. Add green chillies and mix well. Add tomatoes, salt and cook till the tomatoes are pulpy.
5. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and mix well.
6. Add 1 cup water and mix. Once the mixture comes to a boil add cauliflower, potatoes and mix well.
7. Add ½ cup water and mix. Cover and cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
8. Add boiled chana and mix. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
9. Add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and mix well.
10. Transfer into a serving bowl and serve hot with puris.
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
To get recipes on your Google or Alexa devices, click here : https://www.klovechef.ai/signup
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKa…
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor